Countries We Represent
About SloveniaContact Us
Slovenia, a country in Central Europe, is known for its mountains, ski resorts and lakes. On Lake Bled, a glacial lake fed by hot springs, the town of Bled contains a church-topped islet and a cliffside medieval castle. In Ljubljana, Slovenia’s capital, baroque facades mix with the 20th-century architecture of native Jože Plečnik, who’s iconic Tromostovje (Triple Bridge) spans the tightly curving Ljubljanica River. Slovenia's visual arts, architecture, and design are shaped by a number of architects, designers, painters, sculptors, photographers, graphics artists, as well as comics, illustration and conceptual artists. The most prestigious institutions exhibiting works of Slovene visual artists are the National Gallery of Slovenia and the Museum of Modern Art. Slovenia is a Unitary Parliamentary constitutional republic.
Slovenia's education ranks as the 12th best in the world and 4th best in the European Union, being significantly higher than the OECD average, according to the Programme for International Student Assessment. Among several universities in Slovenia, the best ranked is the University of Ljubljana, ranking among the first 500 or the first 3% of the world's best universities according to the ARWU. Two other public universities include the University of Maribor in Styria region and the University of Primorska in Slovene Littoral. In addition, there is a private University of Nova Gorica and an international EMUNI University.
Capital : Ljubljana
Area : 20,273 km sq
Currency : Euro
Time zone : UTC+ 1
- Filled out application form signed by the applicant
- Copy of relevant passport pages, including all visas of last three years
- One recent passport size photo of the applicant 3,5x4 cm
- Original and copy of international insurance for the period of intended stay, covering all expenses for up to 30.000 EUR that might occur in connection with: (1) repatriation because of health reasons, (2) first medical aid or (3) hospitalization; list of approved Indian insurances companies with effect from 1 October 2016 click here
- Pro Proof of means of transport - Flight reservation of return or round ticket. If the applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of domestic flight reservation, train itinerary or car rental.
- Proof of lodging Hotel reservations, rental of holiday home or campus residence reservation. If the applicant stays with a family member or a friend, proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation from the host. Individual Schengen States may require applicant to present a proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation by completing a form drawn up by the Schengen State’s competent authority (referred hereafter as national form FOR SLOVENIA; AUTHENTICATED GUARANTEE LETTER. If applicant is travelling to several Schengen States, proof of lodging in each of them.
Proof of financial means
- Original private bank account statement showing the turnover during the last three months, duly stamped and signed by the bank
- Indian income tax return acknowledgment for the last two assessment years
- In addition:
- If the applicant is employed:
- payslips for the last three months
- employment contract
- employer's statement on approval for holidays
- If the applicant is a company owner or self-employed
- certificate of registration of the company
- If the applicant is sponsored
- proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation by completing a national form of the Schengen State concerned (FOR SLOVENIA; AUTHENTICATED GUARANTEE LETTER)
- If the applicant is retired
- pension statements for the last three months; Regular income generated by ownership of property or business.
- If the applicant is a minor
- If the minor travels with one parent only, written consent certified by public notary of the other parent or guardian, except in cases of a parent having the care or custody alone
- If the minor travels alone (without parents), written consent certified by public notary of both parents or guardians having the care and custody of the applicant
- Copies of the passport of the parents. If not applicable, birth certificate of the applicant and copies of the ID cards of the parents.
- Journeys undertaken for the purpose of study, research, or other types of internship
- Certificate of admission or registration at an educational establishment for the purpose of attending academic or vocational courses, or cover letter from the inviting company
- Student cards or certificates of the current enrolled institute
- Original guarantee letter authenticated by the Administrative Unit in Slovenia.
EmbassyA-5/4 Vasant Vihar
New Delhi - 110057
PHONE LOCAL: (011) 4166.2891
VISAS & CONSULAR LOCAL: (011) 4166.2893
FAX LOCAL: (011) 4166.2895
VFSShivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level
Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place
New Delhi- 110001
WEB SITE :