Countries We Represent
About GermanyContact Us
Germany officially the federal republic of Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in Central Western Europe, it includes 16 constituent states. It has a temperate seasonal climate. Culture in Germany is shaped by intellectual and popular currents in Europe. Germany has been called Das Land der Dichter und Denker, this translates to “ Land of poets and thinkers”. It has also been home to geniuses such as Beethoven.
If you want to study in a different and unique culture, there is no better choice than Germany, it also has n education system that is recognised by the whole world. The educational policy is controlled by the Ministry of Education together with the departments of higher education in the universities. Within this framework, the Concept of Universities outlines the requirements to create new universities, centres and institutes. In addition, it helps regulating advanced graduate studies. Within the higher education level, Germany has public and private Universities. Universities are organised in Schools (Faculties), and within each School there are different Departments, which specialise in a specific part of the corresponding science. Currently, the Spanish university system comprises 49 public universities, 14 private ones, and 4 Catholic Church universities.
Area : 357,021 km sq
Capital : Berlin
Location: Western Europe
- valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return)
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications
- cover letter from applicant explaining the exact purpose and duration of stay
- letter of admission from German university (electronic version)
- proof of payment of study fees, if applicable
- proof of language proficiency in English and/or German (ONLY if course is taught in German)
- proof of other academic qualifications, if applicable
- proof of financial means to cover the costs for the time of your studies by one of the following documents:
- confirmation of scholarship/ stipend
- “Verpflichtungserklärung” (formal obligation letter) by sponsor living in Germany
- Proof of blocked account with Kotak Mahindra Bank in India (better option) or Deutsche Bank in Germany (more complicated and time-consuming option) in the name of the applicant showing a minimum balance of 8640,- Euros. In case you opt for the Deutsche Bank blocked account, the proof needs to include the remark that the account holder can dispose of a monthly amount of 720,- Euros
- Confirmation of an annually renewable bank guarantee from a bank in Germany in the amount of 8640,- Euros PLEASE NOTE: You cannot withdraw more than 720 Euros per month from a blocked account in Germany. However, especially at the beginning of your stay, you might be required to spend more than 720 Euros in a month (e.g. to pay a deposit when renting a room or an apartment). It is therefore highly recommended to make sure that you have access to sufficient financial means according to your individual situation.
- travel health insurance covering the period from your departure to the date of enrolment at the university (mentioned in your letter of admission) (approx. 3 months) Please prepare two identical application sets with the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along.
Please note that the German Consulate General reserves the right to ask for additional documents or the verification of certificates, for which additional fees would be charged.
As your application will be forwarded to the competent immigration authorities in Germany,the processing of your application will take four to eight weeks. You are therefore advised to apply well in advance of the proposed beginning of your studies.
The submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.
EmbassyNo. 6/50G,Shanti Path Chanakyapuri
P.O. Box 613
TELEPHONE-(+91) (11) 4419 9199
VFSShivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level
Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place
New Delhi- 110001