Countries We Represent
About AustriaContact Us
Austria is a German speaking country in Europe, it’s home to many great geniuses like Mozart, Strauss, Freud etc. It has notable regions such as the northern Bohemian Forest, Traunsee Lake and eastern hillside vineyards. Austria is home to major cities like Bregenz, Graz, Innsbruck, Linz and many more.
It has one of the most standard educational systems available in today's world. Education in public universities is free in Austria. Universities of Austria are ranked among the best universities of the world. The students are also left with the choice of working part time jobs. Students can also apply for a job search visa which is valid for one year. A migrant with a work visa can also become an immigrant. If you're thinking of studying in Austria, have no second thoughts, because it's a choice you won't regret.
Capital : Vienna
Location : Central Europe
Area : 83,871 km sq
Currency : Euro (EUR)
Time zone : UCT + 1:00
- Application form: fully completed in English or German language and signed by the applicant
- Two photographs: shall be in accordance with the international standards as set out in the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- Valid permit to return (if applicable) e g. valid Indian Residency Permit or return visa to India for citizens of Bangladesh / Bhutan / India / Maldives / Nepal / Sri Lanka. For Tibetans travelling on Indian IC (yellow Identity Certificate) it is mandatory to hold a Return Visa (valid until at least three months after your intended return to India) apart from the stamped entry “No objection to return to India” (NORI) in the IC
- Travel medical insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000. Applicants for a uniform visa for multiple entries shall prove that they are in possession of adequate and valid travel medical insurance covering the period of their first intended visit. In addition a statement, declaring the awareness of the need to be in possession of travel medical insurance for subsequent stays, shall be signed.
- Cover letter: explaining purpose of the trip
- Confirmation of present student status e.g. original letter from school / college / university, student card, certificates etc
- Certificate of admission or registration at an educational institute for the purpose of attending academic or vocational courses, or cover letter from the host company
- Evidence of payment of tuition fee or acceptance of scholarship for the intended studies in Austria or 11)
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover overall cost of living during the probable duration of study in Austria or 11)
- Electronic letter of guarantee of sponsor - “EVE - Elektronische Verpflichtungserklärung” http://www.bmi.gv.at/cms/BMI_Fremdenpolizei/einreise_visa/Visum_6.aspx obtained by the sponsor at the competent „Fremdenpolizeibehörde“ of the sponsor’s district in Austria (if applicable)
- Proof of accommodation in Austria or letter of acceptance at the school’s / college’s / university’s dormitory or 11)
- Round-trip flight bookings - travel itinerary: airline reservation and proof of other means of travel within Austria/EU
- Minor travellers:
- Copy of the present passport (data pages, pages with evidence of previous visa, travel)
- Original(s) of previous passport(s) or proof of loss
(a) its validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States;
(b) it shall contain at least two blank pages;
(c) it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years;
(d) NO alteration or handwritten amendment concerning the data page
a) a minor accompanied by one parent shall provide a Original notarized NOC by the other parent , plus copies of parents passports or ID
b) a minor travelling alone shall provide a Original notarized NOC by both parents / legal guardians, plus copies of parents passports or ID
- Before applying consider the duration of stay. If applicant intends to stay longer than 6 (six) months, Residence Permit (“Aufenthaltstitel”) has to be applied for. Visa “C” can be applied for with validity for up to 90 days, Visa "D" between 91 and 180 days. Visa in both categories cannot be extended or renewed in Austria.
- Any representative shall provide an original letter of authorization from the applicant bearing the name of the representative and its organization / company. A copy of a valid photo ID shall be attached to the application.
- The applicant bears responsibility concerning all content of the application.
- Applications cannot be submitted more than 3 months prior to departure.
- Processing can take up to 15 calendar days after receiving the application. Status queries will be responded after the above time frame only and shall be primarily addressed to the VFS-office of application or by e-mail to: NEW-DELHIKA@bmeia.gv.at
Visa for Students, Research and Internship, Checklist
- In case an application is lodged less than 15 calendar days before departure, a timely completion of the visa process cannot be guaranteed.
- However, in individual cases, that period may be extended up to 30 calendar days in, particularly when further scrutiny of the application is needed. In case the authorities of the Member State are consulted or additional documentation is needed, this period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.
- The applicant voluntarily agrees to avail the services of VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. to apply for a Schengen Visa at the Austrian Desk.
- Applicant are advised that during the examination of an application, consulates may in justified cases request additional documents in accordance with Article 21 (8) of Regulation (EC) No 810/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas. The Embassy may call applicants for an interview if deemed necessary.
- The applicant and/or its authorized representative declare being advised to submit full documentation according above checklist and that submission of incomplete or faulty documentation can be a reason for refusal of the application.
EmbassyEP-13, Chandragupta Marg Chanakyapuri
TELEPHONE-(+91) (11) 24 19 27 00
VFSShivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level
Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place
New Delhi- 110001
WEB SITE :